If the User disagrees with this Policy, however continues to access the Edscope Platform and voluntarily provides their personal information, Edscope refutes any/all the liabilities arising therefrom and it shall be assumed by Your continuous usage of the Edscope Platform that You have accepted the present Policy and any other terms and conditions available on the Edscope Platform.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION:
The User in order to be able to access/subscribe to the Edscope Platform and/or the Company’s Services and as a part of the voluntary registration process and/or any on-line survey or interaction on the Edscope Platform, as may be required from time to time, the User, shall be required to submit certain personal information as defined herein below. The Edscope Platform collects or can request for the below mentioned information from the User(s). That, only post submission of the below mentioned information the User shall be granted the access to the Edscope Platform/Services.
The information collected by us is inclusive of the information directly provided by the User and information collected by the system automatically:
INFORMATION DIRECTLY COLLECTED FROM THE USER/PERSONAL INFORMATION
- “personal information” as defined under the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 includes sensitive personal data or information of a User, except for any information available in public domain or under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law. The sensitive personal data or information includes:
- financial information such as Bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details;
- physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records and history;
- Biometric information;
- any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to body corporate for providing service; and
- any of the information received under above clauses by body corporate for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise.
- The User is hereby requested to not provide with any Personal Information unless until specifically requested by Us. In such events, the Company shall have no liability at all whatsoever to any such Personal Information provided by You.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY/ NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- Details of internet or telecom service provider of the User;
- Location of a User;
- Type of internet browser being used by the User; and
- Such other information that may be required to access and operate the Website
USAGE OF INFORMATION
- The Company may use your Personal Information for specific purposes only i.e. either to deliver the Services as requested by the User and/or wherever it is necessary to exercise or comply with legal rights or obligations or for normal business purposes of the kind set out in this Policy or Terms and Conditions.
- The Personal Information provided by the User shall be kept confidential and may be used for the following purposes:
- providing information about new educational products and Services to the User(s);
- to provide the User with a personalized experience on our Edscope Platform i.e. by offering our best services best suited for our User);
- to provide the User with customized and personalized study material;
- to determine your general geographic location;
- to improve the existing Edscope Platform and Services;
- to conduct research and surveys;
- to implement the necessary security practices to ensure that all personal data are protected;
- to administer the User accounts in normal course of business;
- to contact the User(s) in case where fraud, illegal activities or breach of privacy is recorded;
- to enable the employees of or persons acting on behalf of the Company to communicate with the User, as and when necessary, in order to provide the services requested by such User;
- such other purposes that the Company, at its sole discretion, however subject to the principles contained in this Policy, may deem fit.
- The User, while accessing the Edscope Platform or availing the Services, will provide us with Your Personal Information and if at any time the User feels or wishes to delete/modify such information, the User shall contact the Company. The Company shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for any false, wrong or incomplete information provided by the User. The consequences if any, the User shall be solely liable for the same.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
- We have our collaboration with various other companies, agents, contractors engaged with us in order to perform services on our behalf or to assist us to provide Services to the User and may share the information collected from such User with its affiliates, employees, and such other individuals and institutions located within or outside India (“third-parties”) from time to time to ensure efficient management of Edscope Platform, to detect and prevent identity theft and other illegal acts, and to respond to legal, judicial, quasi-judicial law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as required and permitted by law and for such other purposes that the Company may deem fit from time to time. In the course of providing such services, these third-party service providers may have access to such User’s Personal or other information.
- The Company does not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- The User’s Personal Information may be shared with third parties only who have a need or authority to receive such information, if we belief that such access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to comply with:
- in response to any authority having to receive such information under law;
- any order of court;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of the Company, our User(s) or the public as required or permitted by law
- The Company shall not be liable for any personal information voluntarily shared by the User with other Users of Edscope Platform and for any such actions the User itself shall be solely liable and responsible.
PROTECTING OF USER INFORMATION
We send cookies (small files containing a string of characters) to the User’s computer system, thereby uniquely identifying Your browser. Cookies are used to track Your preferences, help You login faster, and are aggregated to determine user trends. This data is used to improve our offerings, such as providing more content in areas of greater interest to a majority of User(s). Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but You can reset Your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Some of our features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
In case of any complaints/grievance please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org